To place your content in the Voice Republic Archive, there are two possibilities: You can either stream talks live, after which they will be auomatically archived, or you can upload recordings of lectures, panels, podcasts etc. The audio upload is uncomplicated, for free and you have unlimited storage space at our hand. We’ll show you step by step how to upload an audio file.
1. To publish your content on the platform for the spoken word, the first thing you need is a Voice Republic account. Sign up here – it’s for free.
2. Log into your account. Hit “Publish” in the menu bar and then select “UPLOAD A TALK”.
3. Choose the audio file you want to upload. Supported formats are MP3, M4A, OGG and WAV. You can even upload a video in MPG format, from which the audio will be extracted. Depending on the size of your file, the upload can take a couple of minutes.
4. You can already fill in all the necessary information. The descriptions should be apt and comprehensive. To make your talks even easier to find, you can optimize your content. It is also important to specify the “tags”, based on which the talks can be classified into categories. You can format the text of your description, for example insert headings, use bold or italic type and insert links and images by using Markdown.
5. Every talk that you upload or stream is organized into a series. The series help to clearly display your talks to the listener. Series can be, for example, event dates (e.g, “Economic Congress September 2016”) or themes (e.g. “Theatre and Performing Arts”). You create the series while creating the talks, but you can edit them later.
6. Select a suitable image for your talk. Make sure that you don’t infringe on any copyright laws.
7. If you have presentation slides for the talk, they will certainly be of use to the listeners. Upload your slides in PDF format.
8. Now hit “Save” – and you’re done! After a couple of minutes, your file will be available in the Voice Republic Archive, can be heard online, downloaded, commented and subscribed to via RSS feed. You can edit or delete your talk any time.
How to continue
Congratulations, your talk is now available in the Voice Republic Audio Archives. To make your talk heard by as many people as possible, you can do the following things:
- To make your content more detectable in search engines like Google, you should optimize your profile, your series and your talks with the help of metadata. How to use search engine optimization without much prior knowledge, you can also read in this help article about SEO basics.
- So that your audience learns of the archived audio, you should share the talk in your social networks. The social media functions on Voice Republic will help you.
- If you, your event or organization have a website or a blog, you can use the Voice Republic Embed Player to integrate the talks directly in your own website. This way, the users do not have to leave your website to listen.