To use a Voice Republic StreamBoxx, it needs to be connected with your account. You can do this by pairing the hardware (the StreamBoxx) with your Voice Republic account.
This pairing has to be done only once – the first time you use a particular StreamBoxx. Once you have connected the StreamBoxx to your account, it is saved permanently. We show you step by step how to do it.
To pair your StreamBoxx with your account, it must be connected to power and to the Internet (via LAN). In addition, you need a PC with Internet connection to access your Voice Republic account. There are three possibilities now.
1. The StreamBoxx and your computer have the same IP address
Usually, you are in the same building when pairing your StreamBoxx with your Voice Republic account. Then you most likely have the same IP address. If so, the pairing is completed very quickly.
- Log into your account.
- Go to the Devices Page or to your Stage Control Panel. You get there by clicking on “STREAM NOW” on the talk page of the talk you want to stream. Once you have started the server, you can select your streaming source by clicking on “CHANGE STREAMING SOURCE”. Select “StreamBoxx” and then “New Box”.
- If the StreamBoxx has the same IP address, it will be detected immediately.
- Now you can change the name of StreamBoxx. This is especially useful if you are streaming from several stages and want to identify the respective boxes unmistakably. For example, you can name your box “Stage 1” or “Main Hall” etc.
- Pair the account with the StreamBoxx now. When you return to your Stage page, you can select the new StreamBoxx via “CHANGE STREAMING SOURCE”.
2. The StreamBoxx can not be identified by the IP address
If the StreamBoxx is for example at a different location, it can not be identified by the IP address. In this case you can link to your account with your course anyway. For this, the box plays from a so-called pairing code.
- Follow the first two steps as above.
- On the pairing page, you see a field in which you need to fill in four numbers.
a) connect headphones to the StreamBoxx and hear the pairing code or
a) a monitor to the StreamBoxx via HDMI and copy the code that appears on it.
- Upon entering the code, the StreamBoxx will be recognized.
- Once the StreamBoxx is successfully paired, you can change its name. This is especially useful if you have multiple stages and want to identify the respective StreamBoxx unmistakably. For example, you could use names like “Stage 1” or “Main Hall” etc.
- Now connect to the StreamBoxx. When you return to your Stage page, you can select the new StreamBoxx via “CHANGE STREAMING SOURCE”.
3. There are several streaming boxes connected but not paired with the account
Please note that you can only pair one StreamBoxx at a time. If several boxes are active at the same time, your account recognizes several options. You can now either identify the boxes using the pairing code or disconnect all StreamBoxxes except for one from the Internet and reload the page.